Did you know that a humidifier is a way to reduce more than half of the airborne viruses that cause infections like the flu? In 2013, scientists proved that 75% of viruses are transmitted to our airways in the dry air. However, when humidity was increased by 43%, more than 60% of the viruses died. Earlier, in 2009, a similar study showed that increasing humidity helps to decrease the transmission of the influenza virus. And of course, killing viruses is not the only good thing that a humidifier does. It also helps to make your skin softer and even saves your wood furniture.
Why is it better to use an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier than a warm mist humidifier
It’s more convenient and cheaper in a long run. While a warm mist humidifier uses heat to boil water, a cool one only needs a fan. If you are going to use your humidifier frequently, the cool mist one is going to be more convenient – it uses less energy over time. It’s a safe and comfortable option for those families who have kids or pets. There is a risk that kids or pets can get too close to a warm mist humidifier and burn their skin. When it comes to a cool one, the risk is eliminated. It covers a larger area than a warm mist humidifier. If you want to concentrate the effects of a humidifier on a specific area, then a warm mist humidifier may be the better option for you. But if you plan to use it in a large area (like a big room), a cool humidifier is definitely a better fit. When it comes to choosing the best humidifier, some expert reviewers place ultrasonic models at the top of their lists. Ultrasonic humidifiers use high-frequency vibrations to produce a micro-fine mist. It is released into your room for humidity. Therefore it is quiet. Though this type emits a low hum that can be annoying if you’re sitting or sleeping within a few feet of it. By the way, ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers are best used to fight allergies and flu symptoms.
Warm mist humidifiers use an inner heating element. It boils water before releasing into your environment as an invisible mist. Warm mist humidifiers are not as well-suited for large areas as cool mist models. On the other hand, these humidifiers work best in smaller areas like bedrooms and offices. In addition, warm mist humidifiers are slightly more expensive to operate and difficult to clean because mineral deposits are often left during the boiling process. Now that we discussed when and why it’s better to use a cool mist humidifier, let’s talk about some advantages that it has for your health and everyday life.
10 Ways a Geniani Cool Mist Humidifier Can Improve Your Life
Humidifiers can increase the moisture in the air and help protect against a big amount of problems in any indoor environment. There are 10 reasons to have a humidifier.
- Avoid infections. We already know that viruses live best in dry air. A cool mist humidifier makes dry air moist, thereby reducing a risk of spreading the flu (or any other infection).
No dry air – no dry skin. Dry air takes moisture from your skin which can cause many problems – from a simple dullness to accelerated aging. With a humidifier, you can help your skin to get more moisture and look better.
Read more about that here “Do humidifiers work for dry skin”.
Comfortable sinuses. When the air is dry, our sinuses feel tight and uncomfortable. We are sure you have experienced that unpleasant feeling of dryness in the nose, which often happens in winter. That’s because the air is too dry and your sinuses do not have enough moisture. A cool-mist humidifier is a good solution which makes our noses and throats feel more comfortable.
Read more about humidifier and allergy here “Air humidifier for allergies”
- Less healing time. Even if you have an infection (let’s say, the flu), a humidifier helps to reduce the recovery time. As we already know, moist air helps our noses and throats feel better and heal faster – you will experience less sneezing and coughing.
- Save plants. House plants take toxins out of the air and help us to avoid inhaling them. But what if the air is too dry and lacks the water that plants need to perform their purification? A cool-mist humidifier helps to create a good moist environment which is exactly what your plants need in winter. And healthy plants keep you healthy!
- It protects wooden furniture. Dry air often damages wood furnishings by causing them to crack (it often happens to doors). A cool-mist humidifier helps to preserve the wood from damage by filling it with necessary moisture.
- No weird morning voice. If on winter mornings your voice gets low and you sound like a bear, that’s a sign that your vocal cords need some moisture too. A humidifier will help to bring your normal voice back and help your vocal cords to work properly.
- Payless heating bills. Moist air feels much warmer. It’s a fact. So if you feel like it’s too cold, try to add some moisture instead of heat. Your room will become warmer and cozier. That will help you to use less electricity and save money.
- Sleep better. If your partner starts to snore, don’t blame them. It happens mostly because of dry air (remember, it changes how our vocal cords sound). A way to get rid of this problem is to buy a cool-mist humidifier that will make our sinuses, vocal cords, and throats less dry.
- You need to clean it only once a week. You can use a cool-mist humidifier all week, and all you have to do is clean it once. It’s doable and not time-consuming.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons to use a humidifier. So if you have some of the problems we’ve mentioned and you want to solve them with a cool-mist humidifier, don’t hesitate and try it.
Enjoy the special benefits for our engaged blog readers!
- Get 11% OFF any heating pads: Use “BLOGHEAT” during your checkout or follow this link to get your deal!
- Get our brand new Huron Humidifier White with 15% off instantly, just follow the link and enjoy your special discount.
- Buy portable cool mist humidifier Erie White with 14% off. Follow the link to get your discount applied.
- Purchase the microwavable heating wrap Magma Space Blue with 15% off. Follow this link to get a coupon activated.