Aromatherapy or essential oil therapy is a form of holistic therapy that uses essential oils to help improve and balance you emotionally and physically. It also helps you to take time out for yourself. Reconnect with yourself, and just relax. The aromatherapy has a dynamic effect on the mind and body.
10 Interesting Facts About Aromatherapy That Will Show You All Benefits of Essential Oil Therapy
- Aromatherapy was discovered accidentally in the 1920s! Rene Maurice Gattefosse (French chemist) dipped his hand in lavender after burning himself. Why did he do that? Simple: he didn’t have anything else on hand. Rene was shocked! Because he found that his burnt hand healed so fast! Also, he was the first person to think up the term ‘aromatherapy’!
- Aromatherapy is widely used by patients with cancer! First of all as supportive care during treatment. For stress relief or pain control. And also for general well-being.
- Essential oils can be used in public places to prevent airborne infections. Aromatherapy oils can improve our health. They have antiviral, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties! Which make them perfect for protecting the environment from airborne infections.
- Lots of aromatherapy oils help people calm down and feel less stressed. Therefore they can be very useful for making you feel sleepy before bedtime.
- You just inhale the aroma and everything gets better. You don’t need pills anymore. All you need to do is drop some oil into your aroma diffuser or on a pillow and sniff it.
- Aromatherapy can improve libido! It has a long history of use for raising energy through increased blood flow and treating sexual dysfunctions.
- Today sales of aromatherapy lotions, candles and oils are higher than ever before.
- Aromatherapy made its way to the U.S. around 1980’s.
- In the early 19 century essential oils and aromatherapy began being used in Western medicine practices.
- French soldiers returning home from World War I where treated with aromatherapy to heal wounds, treat anxiety and lower depression.
Aromatherapy has been studied in connection with improving not only short-term health problems, but also with serious disorders. It can have sedative and stimulant effects, positive effects on the immune system and central nervous system. Let’s figure out all benefits of aromatherapy oils uses together.
Aromatherapy for Sleep
There are many reasons to try aromatherapy. For example headaches and stress reduction. But one that many don’t consider is using it for sleeping. Almost half of all Americans say that poor sleep interferes with their daily activities. Lots of aromatherapy oils help people calm down and feel less stressed. Therefore they can be very useful for making you feel sleepy before bedtime.
Aromatherapy for Stress and Depression
Aromatherapy can improve your mood. Mental state. Health. It might help relieve stress and boost your mood. Be careful! Like most alternative therapies, aromatherapy shouldn’t be used as a replacement for your doctor’s prescribed treatment plan! Take Care of Yourself!
Aromatherapy for Headaches and Migraines
If you suffer from chronic headaches, you want a way to treat them without feeling like you are over-treating the problem. This is why a lot of people love to use essential oils instead of taking a pill. Essential oils are effective in the treatment of migraine. Why? Because they aren’t masking the pain temporarily. Aromatherapy treats the root of the problem safely and effectively.
Aromatherapy for Household
The aroma of a clean house or freshly-washed laundry is heavenly. Want to refresh air in your room? It’s not a problem. Just use up to 10 drops of your favorite oil. Use fewer drops if you are using an oil that may cause sensitization. Our top blend is citrus, because it just smells so fresh and clean. Just add these to your diffuser and enjoy:
- 1 drop Lemon
- 1 drop Lime
- 2 drops Grapefruit
- 2 drops Tangerine
Aromatherapy for Mood
Aromatherapy can be a great way to change your life for the better. The right essential oils can not only boost your mood, but take you somewhere you never expected. Smell is a potent brain trigger.
Aromatherapy for Skin
Aromatherapy is a great way to reduce acne, dandruff and even cellulite. It also good for inflammation from bites, rashes or wound healing. Use several sprays at one time on your skin. You can also use the same oils on your skin or scalp directly.
Aromatherapy for Reducing Fatigue
A lot of studies have shown that aromatherapy increases beta power, suggesting increases drowsiness. People, who try aromatherapy have lower state anxiety scores, report feeling more relaxed and alert, and can faster complete the math problems.
Top 5 Essential Oils for an Aromatherapy Diffuser
It’s difficult to decide which oil is best for your individual specific needs and problems. With so many essential oils available to buy! We have compiled a list of the best essential oils to use in diffusers.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is awesome! An extremely popular form of alternative medicine. If you wanna have just one essential oil in your possession, it should be Tea Tree oil. It is one of the most well-known and effective essential oils for aromatherapy use. It will help you to boost the immune system and fight infections.
Lemon is mostly appreciated for its smell. But also has a huge amount of therapeutic qualities. It improves concentration and also can help with acne treatment. It is one of the most popular oils which you can find in natural cleaning recipes. Want to know something more? You can use this oil to reduce cellulite! Just try it. We know, it is impossible, but it is!
How to relieve stress with the help of essential oils? Easily! Ylang-ylang is an excellent choice for reducing stress.It can lower high blood pressure too. Amazing, yeah?
It is one of the most popular essential oils on the market. And we know why! Firstly, because of its great smell! Secondly, lavender helps relieve headaches. Settle down anxiety. Lift depression. Lavender essential oil is like a magic wand, try it for yourself!
It can help to relax you and for tension relief. Many yoga lovers use sandalwood for its calming properties. It is a hydration aid for the skin. As well as an anti-inflammatory. Do you want to discover one more reason to try sandalwood oil for aromatherapy? Do you agree that it is extremely hard to remember important things? Espcially when we are stressed out? Sandalwood oil can promote mental clarity and help improve memory.
Helpful Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
As you can see, essential oils can be helpful for thousands of reasons. Scientists think they work by sending different chemical messages to parts of the brain. They affect mood and emotion. One important thing: look for a trusted producer that makes pure oils without anything added. And remember, scented candles are a wonderful, but essential oils diffuser is not only better, but also safer.
Your Geniani team!