Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts obtained through various methods of extraction, which include steam distillation. They can be used in various ways: to improve your sleep, get rid of headache and other pain, for cleaning and even to cope with varicose veins. What essential oils are good for acne? For pain relief? Let’s figure everything out.
What are essential oils
The best known essential oils include lavender, ylang-ylang, rose, and tea tree. In fact there are thousands of known essential oils. It is hard to believe. But it is! Most of them are available to buy. Moreover, they have different benefits for health, beauty, and lifestyle.
- Did you know, that plants themselves use essential oil? Yes, it’s really true. They help plants to control infection and humidity, and help attract or repel birds, insects, or animals.
- Surprise! Essential oils aren’t oily! So, why are they called “oils”? The answer is simple: because they consist of oil-soluble chemicals!
- One essential oil contains from 100 to 200 oil-soluble chemicals! Therefore, they have healing properties which explains why different essential oils can have the same effects.
How to use essential oils
Good news! Despite popular belief, you can use essential oils in thousands of ways, and not just for skin care. Essential oils can be diffused for inhalation or used even for cleaning! It may be the best way to alleviate both internal and emotional concerns with the help of essential oils. Lavender oil is a great choice in this case. Clinical studies have shown that aromatherapy can have real advantages for those who have depressive symptoms and menstrual pain or even problems with mental focus. When we are talking about skin care, things tend to get complicated. There are several oils that may aid in healing, toning, and brightening skin (such as tea tree, rose, sandalwood, chamomile, and lavender oils). There are also some which can cause serious skin reactions and even chemical burns because of allergies. Therefore, you should be careful when choosing an essential oil for your skin according to individual needs. Such essential oils as bergamot and all citruses, like lime and lemon, should not be used at more than 0.5 percent concentration on skin exposed to sunlight.
5 benefits of essential oils
As we mentioned, essential oils have a lot of benefits for your health, well-being, sleep, skin. It can be also used to make green cleaning products, which are not harmful for kids, pets and for all your family. Interesting?
Boost your immune system and fight infections
Many essential oils have chemical substances which can fight foreign pathogens that threaten your health. You can find our list of some of the best essential oils for your immune system at the end of the post.
Relieve headaches and migraines
Essential oils that help with headaches are helpful, because they effectively address the root of the problem instead of masking it.
Essential oils are extremely helpful in treating postoperative pain and gynecological pain (especially menstrual pain).What essential oil is good for pain? Peppermint, helichrysum, and marjoram oils are the best choice for this purpose.
Boost hair and skin health
Using essential oils in your hair, skin, and beauty products is an excellent and effective way to keep up your personal care routine. Essential oils can help to calm irritated skin, reduce signs of aging, improve acne, protect your skin from sunlight’s damage, and fix your overdried hair.
Improve mental health
It’s an impressive essential oil benefit and it has helped many people who are suffering from anxiety, depression, and panic attacks.
What essential oil is good for pain
Essential oils may be a natural way to reduce pain. According to a study, lavender essential oil can help treat pain in children after an operation. Children who inhaled the scent of lavender were able to reduce their daily dose of paracetamol post-surgery.
What are the best essential oils for headaches and migraines
More than half of the adult population worldwide experiences occasional headaches and the most common type is a tension headache. If you experience headaches regularly, you should look for natural treatments, including essential oils.The best options for this purpose are lavender, peppermint, rosemary, and eucalyptus oils.
How to use essential oils for headache and migraines
There are some different ways you can try to treat a headache with a help of essential oils:
- Use oil on the temples or forehead. Essential oils need to be diluted with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, before they can be applied to the skin. As soon as the oil is diluted, it can be massaged into the temples and across the forehead.
- Inhaling oil. Essential oils can be inhaled by adding a few drops to a diffuser.
- Adding oil to the bath. Add a few drops of essential oil to a hot bath and enjoy a therapeutic soak. It can be a relaxing way to treat a headache.
What essential oils are good for acne
If you’ve got acne and are looking for an alternative to pharmacy and prescription acne treatments, you might consider essential oils. For most people these essential oils are a truly effective, natural way to reduce and prevent pimples:
- Tea tree oil to reduce blemishes
- Clove essential oil to treat cysts and boils
- Lemongrass essential oil to fight pimples on oily skin
- Lavender Essential oil to heal popped pimples
- Frankincense essential oil to reduce scarring
As you can see, essential oils can be helpful for thousands of reasons. So, which oils should you use for skin care and which oils are better for non-beauty purposes? We have compiled a list of essential oils for different purposes to facilitate your search! Enjoy! Your Geniani team!